Gunmen, who killed Oba Olusegun Aremu-Cole, Olukoro of Koro-Ekiti in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State and kidnapped his wife and another person last Thursday night have reduced N100m ransom placed on the abducted victims.
It was gathered that the gunmen had reached out to the monarch’s family over the weekend for payment of N100m ransom, which has now been reduced to N40m for the release of the two captives.
Oba Olusegun Aremu-Cole was assassinated by suspected gunmen in his palace on Thursday night while his wife and another person were abducted.
The Chairman of the Transition Implementation Committee (TIC) in the Ekiti Local Government Council of Kwara State, Kehinde Bayode, told Channels Television on phone, that a suspect was apprehended in Eruku town in the same local government area on Sunday.
The council chairman said “the kidnappers had got in touch with the family demanding for N100m ransom which has now been reduced to N40m”.
However, the spokesperson for the State Police Command, Toun Ejire-Adeyemi, said no arrest had been made in connection with the incident.
“The CP has deployed tactical team to Koro Ekiti to fish out the perpetrators. Policemen are working with other security agencies to free those that were abducted during the kidnapping incident. No arrest has been made yet. We are going to keep you abreast of the development as it unfolds,” said Ejire-Adeyemi.
We do everything possible to supply quality news and information to all our valuable readers day in, day out and we are committed to keep doing this. Your kind donation will help our continuous research efforts.