The Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion has honoured 25 Eminent Church Leaders to commemorate its 45th anniversary of the birth of the Church.
This was contained in a statement signed by Folu Olamiti stating that the 25 awardees were honoured for their Excellence in Faithfulness in the Kingdom Service
The award took place during the bi – Annual Standing Committee Meeting of the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion which took place at The Anglican Cathedral Church of Ascension Boji- Boji Owa, Diocese of Ika.
Names of the recipients are as follows:
1.The Most Rev’d Dr Peter Jasper Akinola. Former Primate
2.The Most Rev’d Dr Nicholas Okoh Former Primate
3.The Most Revd Timothy Olufosoye
4. The Most Rev’d Joseph Abiodun Adetiloye. Posthumous
5. Bishop Ajayi Crowther Posthumous
6.. The Most Revd Dr Ephraim Adebola Ademowo- Former Bishop of Lagos
7. The Right Revd Emmanuel Gbonigi- Former Bishop of Akure
8. The Right Revd Gideon Olajide- Former Bishop of Ibadan
9. Henry Johnson- Diocese of Lagos – Post Humous
10. The Right Revd ( Lt Col) Titus E. Ogbonyomi- Diocese of Kaduna Posthumous
11. The Most Rev’d Jonathan Onyemelukwe – Former Bishop on the Niger – Posthumous
12. Hon. Justice Babasola Opeoluwa Ogunade- Chancellor Lagos West
13. Barr Dr Abraham Yisa – Former Registrar CON
14. Deaconess Susan Esan – CMS Missionary, Jos Diocese
15. Evangelist Mary Maidoki – Diocese of Maiduguri
16. Chief Folu Olamiti- Diocese of Abuja
17. Very Revd Dr Ifechukwu Ibeme – Diocese of Maiduguri
18.Mr Bode Adediji- Diocese of Isun
19. Chief Timothy AtoyebiAdesoye- Diocese of Osun
20. Evang Mrs H.E Ejoharado – Diocese of Sapele
21. Lady Ndidi Anuchi- Diocese of Sapele.
22. Otunba ( Dr) Mathew Oyin Jolayemi – Diocese of Igbomina West
23. Professor Olugbemiro Jegede Diocese of Ogorimagogo.
24.Ven. Franklin Inomo Olenye, Diocse of Niger.
25. Air Commodore Prof Philemon Afume Agashua – Diocese of Gboko Posthumous.
In his opening address to delegates to the Standing Committee meeting The Archbishop Metropolitan and Primate of all Nigeria Most Revd Henry Ndukuba said the Church of Nigeria Award Committee had carefully selected the eminent Church Leaders for the award of Excellence in Faithfulness in Kingdom Service.
The Primate declared: ” We appreciate their diligence in their choices and more so, we thank God for the enduring legacy these servants of God have left in the service of God and humanity.
” We remain grateful to the Almighty God for the sacrifice of these great fathers of faith for the Church. Some of the Awards are posthumous- the memory of the Righteous shall be blessed.
We do everything possible to supply quality news and information to all our valuable readers day in, day out and we are committed to keep doing this. Your kind donation will help our continuous research efforts.