Fire has gutted the personal residence of the outgoing Governor of Kano state, Dr Abdulahi Ganduje at Miyangu Street in Nassarawa GRA Kano.
The State Fire Service confirmed the incident to newsmen on Thursday, saying the outbreaks occurred on Monday night.
The Public Relations Officer of the State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, explained that the fire was already under control by the time firefighters got to the residence.
It was gathered that the fire started at a place where Ganduje rears cows adding that many of the animals died in the inferno, with other multi-million-naira property razed down.
A source said the cause of the fire was not immediately known but it started during the course of metal welding in the house as work was still ongoing to make the place a befitting residence for Kano State’s outgoing governor.
When contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Abba Anwar declined to comment.
We do everything possible to supply quality news and information to all our valuable readers day in, day out and we are committed to keep doing this. Your kind donation will help our continuous research efforts.