By Emmanuel Olorunsola
The Osun State Government has handed over a private school proprietor in the state to the police for circulating unapproved plan for school reopening proposal.
It also admonished the citizens of the state to await the announcement of the government for reopening of schools following the announcement of the Federal Government earlier this month.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Education, Mr Jamiu Olawumi, said attention was drawn to the proposed reopening plan which was shared on many Whatsapp groups in the state on Wednesday.
Olawumi, who stated that the man who disseminated the message had been arrested by the police on the order of the state government, told residents to wait for the directive of Governor Gboyega Oyetola on the issue.
The fake reopening proposal stated that schools in Osun State were to resume on July 20, 2020 and only 20 children were to sit in a class.
It was also proposed that big schools would run two shifts of morning, 8am to 12pm; and afternoon, 1.30 pm to 5.30pm daily.
But, Olawumi said, “Schools were closed by the President and the power to reopen has been conceded to the state governors. Osun citizens should await the announcement as endorsed by the governor very soon. We have handed him (the person behind the proposal) over to the police. Disregard the proposal please.”