The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on Monday released the result for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates of the 2020 session examination.
In a statement on Monday, the Head of National Office, Patrick Areghan, also announced the opening of registration for the 2021 WASSCE for school candidates. Due to the pandemic, the timetable is 3 months behind schedule.
If you are one of the candidates that participated in the examination and you are looking for how to check the 2020 WAEC GCE (private candidates) results, look no further.
The smart identity card used during the exams contains the result checker pin and the serial number of the candidate.
When you have found your pin and serial number, simply follow the step by step process to check for your 2020 WAEC GCE result:
1. Go to https://www.waecdirect.org which is the WAEC result checking portal.
2. Enter your WAEC Examination Number in the textbox required.
3. Select your Examination Year
4. Select your Examination Type from the dropdown menu. You are to select “private candidate result” to view your result from the 2020 WAEC GCE private examination session.
5. Then enter the Serial Number located on your smart identity card.
6. Enter the Card PIN located on your smart identity card.
7. Finally, click the “Submit” button to get your 2020 WAEC GCE Result.