Jigawa: Varsity student dies, two others injured in gas explosion

0
297

A 23-year-old student of Federal University, Dutse, Ibrahim Abdullahi, has died after cooking gas exploded at his off-campus hostel.

The university’s Public Relations Officer, Abdullahi Yahaya Bello, confirmed the death of the student to DAILY POST.

He said the deceased was a level 200 Direct Entry student of the Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture.

The Jigawa Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Lawan Shiisu Adam, also confirmed the incident.

He said the incident occurred last Wednesday at the students’ hostel outside the university along third gate, Madobi Road, Dutse.

READ ALSO:  Parents own up To Negligence…….As NDLEA Arrests Another Student Drug Trafficker

Shiisu said the fire incident was caused by the explosion of a cooking gas cylinder, adding that their properties were destroyed.

He explained that three students were involved in the incident, namely Abdul A Abdul, Musa Haruna and Ibrahim Abdullahi.

“One of the students died while the remaining two are responding to treatments,” he said.

Shiisu said the victims were immediately rushed to Rasheed Shekoni Teaching Hospital Dutse and later transferred to the Intensive Care Unit of ATBU Teaching Hospital, Bauchi State.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here